Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Fun Fashion Finds! (part 2 of 2)

I am finally getting to completing my fashion finds post that I started here.  This time I took pictures outside with my full-length mirror in hopes of some better quality shots, though I'm not sure they're much better than the first post.  Anyway, here are the rest of my finds!

This outfit represents my most recent finds!  I snagged these capris on clearance at vanity.  I think they are always supposed to be rolled up, but when they are rolled down, they come right to my ankles, so I definitely plan on wearing them with flats this fall and boots this winter.  The jacket was a Gordman's find and an investment piece for this winter.  It looks classy but is super comfy because it is made of sweatshirt material.  The t-shirt was a thrift-store find from earlier in the summer and the shoes were on clearance at K-mart last fall.

Dressing it down with some comfy shoes from DSW.

I found this dress on clearance at Forever 21.  It was $15, but they were having a buy one get one free sale, so really it was like it was $7.50.  I paired it with the coral shrug and sandals from my first post.  I also got this belt from Forever 21.

Dressing it up with heels that I got on clearance at Target about five years ago.  (p.s. I'm only five feet tall, and I think this dress is kinda short on me.  Forever 21 probably isn't the place you want to shop if you're tall or even average-sized.  Unless you like your dresses really, really short.)

The other half of my BOGO Forever 21 deal.  It was on sale for $10, so it was really like getting it for $5.  I used the same belt and a Target cardigan from a few years ago.  And some clearance sandals from Gordman's.

Close up - I made this orange necklace - super easy and I love the pop of color it adds.

Back in the capris and sandals with another thrift top that I got for a dollar.  It was originally from the Gap and I plan to wear it under cardigans and jackets this winter.

My last fashion find!  Another $1 top from the thrift store!  I'm loving the polka dots and have been wearing this like crazy.  It is from Heritage 81 and I'm not sure what store carries that brand - Forever 21 again?  H&M?  Not really sure, but I love the top.  However, it either shrunk or is also made for a short person.  I couldn't wear it if it was much shorter.
The end!  I'm not sure if I'll be writing about fashion anytime soon because I need to keep my clothes budget in check.  Well, except that I have another StitchFix coming soon, so I'll try to write about that at some point.  And, I have a clothing item planned for my next Upcyclers Creativity Challenge, so more fun clothes are on the way!  Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment