Sunday, October 14, 2012

DIY Washer Necklace

This project isn't actually complete yet, but it appears to be in the pictures, so I'm going to share it now!  I found this pin about making a washer necklace.  Really cute.  I followed the instructions, using a mustard yellow nail polish that I got at the dollar store to paint the washers.  Then I connected all the washers with jump rings, in the same configuration as the tutorial.  Very proud of my work, I picked up the necklace to find all of the washers folding in on each other and flipping over to reveal the unpainted side.  I don't have a picture of the pinstrosity, but it was not cute.  So, I took it apart and connected the rings in a long row instead.  Not quite the look I was originally going for, but it still turned out to be a fun necklace:




After I wore it, I realized that the washers still tend to flip themselves over, so I'm going to have to take it apart again and paint the backs of the washers.  I hope I get to it soon because this was intended to be a fall necklace!

1 comment:

  1. These DIYwasher Designer Necklaces can be made for any occasion and are perfect to wear no matter what your age. The necklace can be dressed up with accessories such as beads, glitter, sparkles, adhesive backed jewels, etc. You create the pattern for your necklace with pattern paper such as scrapbook paper.

    ReplyDelete