Saturday, May 11, 2013

Spring Fashion Pinspiration

Hi friends, it seems I haven't been blogging again!  I think part of the problem is that I'm not sure what I want this blog to be about.  I have a weird desire to be a fashion blogger (as noted by my multiple posts on clothes and fashion, including this one), but I really don't have the photography skills and equipment to pull that off.  I want to be a DIY/tutorial-creating blogger (as seen in many of my other posts) but I get irritated if I have to explain/photograph every step of a project.  It seems to ruin my creative process a lot of the time!  I also want to promote my and others' Etsy shops (as I have), but I don't want my blog to become a huge advertisement.  Soooo... I'm still trying to figure out what I would most enjoy sharing, and what people would most enjoy reading.  Today, I'm sharing an inspiration outfit from Pinterest, and how I recreated it!  I'm weirdly proud of this outfit because so many parts of it are trendy (mint, skinnies, stripes, neon) and I've never been confident with pulling off trends.  But this outfit I love.



Inspiration: Pinterest
The link leads to a blog in another language, so I'm not sure where her pieces are from.
Mine were all purchased on sale:
Mint jeans: JC Penney (a.n.a. brand) (current clearance for $14)
Striped tank: LOFT (clearance for $10)
Cardigan: JC Penney (clearance for $4)
Along with the rest of the bloggy/Etsy world, I've become obsessed with the color mint.  And stripes.  I think that's why I love this outfit so much.  And the pop of bright pink is fun too.  Also, I wore this with black heels, but it could also easily go with flats.  In the inspiration photo, she's wearing nude heels. 

View my pinterest style page for more inspiration outfits!  And wish me luck with finding a clearer direction for my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment